Sunday, May 23, 2004

So Thursday was my moms 50th Birthday and we had a surpise party that night. Me & my sister had to tell a story or say something nice to my mom so I wrote it and I figured I could read it with out crying...seriously what was I thinking?! As my mom entered the building I started to cry, yep it was then that I knew there was no way I would make it through a speech. So Sarah had to deliver our speech for us, and even she got choked up...I guess I have a way with words. Anyway, it was a tear filled night with memories gallore and of course just people saying sweet things about my mommy. I love getting to see my moms friends because they all make me feel so special.

So yesterday began my summer of weddings, it was some of my high school buddies Jane & Jeff. I've known Jane for like ever, and Jeff was one of my best friends cousins. So I knew him fairly well too. I am one of the only girls left in my graduating class from my church that isn't married or engaged. I guess I better get on it...So then we are at the reception and I am talking to my old youth minister and his wife, Kris & Amy. Amy and I are just talking and she is like well you'll get married soon and I was just like are you kidding? I always love talking to Amy, I always leave conversations with her feeling pretty good. Too bad we never get to talk anymore though. The next time I will see her will probably be at my friend, Michaela's wedding. Chelsey's wedding is in two weeks and Stephanie is aleady married. Speaking of Chelsey's wedding, I have to make a toast...I hope I can survive it. Anyone have any good ideas for a good toast?

So yesterday morning at 4am, some freshman from my old high school were out most likely drinking not for sure yet but the car had a 30 pack of beer in it. The boys were all too young to drive, they were at a light and it was green but unfortunately so was the 18-wheelers and wqhen they went to turn it wasn't possible for the truck to stop. It killed two of the boys instantly. One of the boys went to my church and the other one was the brother of a guy I graduated with. Adam is the guy I graduated with and God really put him on my heart to pray for because he just lost one of his good friends this year in a motocross accident. So pray for him if you have a chance and well of course all the families and friends of the two boys killed. Two of the boys are in critical condition and the driver has a broken arm & leg. Be in serious prayer for all of the boys because this is an insanely hard time for them all. None of their parents even knew the boys were out this late, they thought they were in bed sleeping. Kind of makes me sad, because I didn't once think about disobeying my parents but I know that kids do it all the time. I wish that some teens would just realize the consequences that sometimes come with the decisions they make. Looking at it now as a college student, things are so different. Take time to poor into a high school student if you have the chance, teach them something about life. Anyway, I've talked a lot today so I guess I will go now. This link is the article about the accident:
http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/localnews/stories/DRC___DHS_freshmen.1ed2736c3.html

0 comments: