Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Now that's what I call love...

Genesis 1:31 "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day."

This verse kept me awake at 1:30 in the morning. I was laying in bed after reading Genesis 1 thinking about what I had just read. What was different about it this time compared to the other times I had read the same scriptures. I laid there contemplating what it could be that was different and after several minutes it came to me.

In the rest of Genesis when God is creating the heavens and the earth at the end of the day he sees that it is good, but after creating man and woman he states that it was very good. So compared to the rest of His creation he sees the creation of man very good. So what does that mean to me and why did it keep me awake at 1:30?

It was at that moment that I realized that God knew that we would mess it all up and yet he said it was very good. He created us and everything was perfect, yet God knew that we were going to really mess everything up with in no time. Eve would eat the apple causing the fall. God would wipe away everyone through the flood. He then promises not to kill us all off but when we continue to screw up he confuses the speech among His people. We continually goof up and He has to send His only son to save us. And knowing that all of this would happen he still says that it is very good that He created us.

Wow...we are truly loved and so undeserving!

1 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

LOVEly :)