Thursday, May 13, 2004

Had a managers meeting today, it turned out to be pretty fun. I love the funny Christian bible beater jokes that were pointed at me & Sarah. It's really funny to me after taking this quiz and getting these funny results: (Pesky Believer. You won't shut up about your great lord. Yes, we understand you love God. Yes, we know you go to church! I wouldn't be surprised if you could recite the whole Bible, Old Testament and New, from memory! Go preach it to the homeless!) So I took this rather entertaining quiz go to the managers meeting and Amanda (my boss) is telling everyone that we need to make sure that since it is summer she knows we will be drinking more than ususal and to make sure too not drink to much if we know we have to work the next morning then she turns and looks at me & Sarah and says "or read your bibles too much". So we are the good girls at work, so innocent and sweet. After the meeting I decide I must have off work tonight to go camping so it's a done deal...praise God!

So we are heading out to go camping and I am kind of sad because I don't get to say bye to Jeff, but whatever. So we are driving around trying to get some water & gas and we stop at this convient store. Just so happens the other day we are at the stop sign and me & sarah see the news anchor people and we start waving our hands in the background and I then realize the lady is holding a scream mask so I think to myself..."someone robbed the Kwik Stop with a Scream Mask, cool I think I might crap my pants". So this thought crosses my mind, but I never see the news so I have no idea. Well today Sarah decides to ask the clerk if they got robbed and he said yes, and so I said..."by a man in a Scream mask" and he said "yes" Holy freakin' crap...seriously, whats the world coming to? Ahhhh!

So we get to Lake Alan Henry and find all our friends, we put up some tents, and hang out around the fire for awhile. Turns out the fire must be something that practically kills me. After about an hour my eyes are burning like crap, I can no longer keep my eyes open near the fire and my nose is running a marathon. So we decide we should just go back home instead of staying the night, so we leave. We get to the top where I get service in my phone and I call Jeff to tell him I wasn't going camping after all so that I can hopefully see him. Well his phone hasn't been working so I am like "this is gay" then we are about 10min. outside of post and he calls. And this is the just of the convo...
Jeff: hey my phone works
Jana: my allergies are killing me so we're headed back to lubbock
Jeff: i left tonight because i had nothing to do
Jana: we just left, i wanna see you
Jeff: well i am heading home now instead of in the morning
Jana: what the crap?
Jeff: i just left post
Jana: we are about to enter post, turn around and meet us there
Jana: go to mickey d's so i can say goodbye to you
(phone disconnected)
(put on my radar truck vision)Jana: hey look thats a F150, it's jeff
Sarah: (honk honk)
Jana: are you kidding me? we just passed jeff and i can't even say bye
Jana: man God your real funny!
(2hrs. later)
Jeff: my phone just worked for some reason
Jana: God at least wanted me to talk to you if he wouldnt let me see you
Jana: i think we passed you
Jeff: ya you did, i saw ya'll
Jana: why didn't you turn around and come see me?
Jeff: it was too late
Jana: blah blah blah
Jeff: there are a lot of deers out, i cant talk on the phone...gotta be alert

Man God must think He is real funny? Well it's not funny, I wanted to see jeffe! What the heck? Oh well, it was rather entertaining for Sarah I am sure...


0 comments: