The other day I was driving to class and I was running a little late but that's okay because I always am. I was listening to Kidd Kradick and they were trying to grant a Christmas Wish. This guy was told by his doctors to take one last vacation with his family and so Kidd Kradick wanted to raise money from listeners to send the family to Disney World. Seriously not even five minutes later someone was knocking at the door with $400. I thought to myself what an incredible thing. Then right before I got out of my car this lady called to donated $1,000 and I burst into tears. The lady goes to say that she knew the pain the family was going through as she had lost her father and her husband. I just sat there in my car and thought, in a lost world people are still that willing to help...it's amazing. So then after collecting myself enough to walk to class I think about Christians. And while yes there are many of us who do contribute to things as great as this but there are also many of us that are really selfish. I thought about how people are looking for money to be spent on Missions all the time where thousands of people are unsaved and with out our love what will happen when they die? I personally do not feel a call to world missions but is it not my roommate who needs to raise money to go to Moscow? Is it not the ministry that I am involved in that needs money to build a building for Tech students to hang out to as an alternative to clubs & bars? And yes I realize we are all college students and are money isn't growing on trees and often isn't even existent. Which makes it hard for us to want to give, but as Strap always said, "if your not willing to give now in your poverty, why would you give in your riches?" So how many people are in your life right now that are going to another country and need a lot of support? Can you not drop them a little cash? What about the Lottie Moon offering at church? Anyway, if this world is so willing to send a family on vacation because this man is dying. Why shouldn't we give a friend some money to send them to share the good news with a lost world who is dying too? I'm not saying don't give your money to the man to go on a vacation but use your money wisely. Send someone to China or Russia or wherever it is. Help a friend out when they wanna go to dinner with everyone but can't afford it. Just from experience I know that when your willing to give God is so gracious as to provide for you. I can think of some clear examples in my own life, and God is real good to me financially even though he sometimes should just take all my money away from me.
Monday, December 13, 2004
Posted by Jana at 1:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment