Wednesday, January 5, 2005

So today I got the answer to my questions about why friendships fade...

I found my answer in this relevant article by Amos Hathway entitled, "Worthy Relationships".

So Satan plays a role, imagine that? Satan sees these wonderful friendships and tries to destroy them because he is jealous. I also see the other side where God takes them away because they are not glorifying to Him. But it's funny because I know Satan is trying to keep those relationships together at the same time because they don't glorify God and those are the ones Satan really likes for us to be in.

Hathway states, "
I believe the relationships that we have to fight for here on earth are the ones that will be key in eternity." As I truly evalutate that statement I think about a relationship between me and my best friend, Chelsey and a relationship between me and my friend, Sarah. Chelsey and I have been friends for eight years now, and I can say it hasn't been easy for us. I can recall many fights that nearly ended our friendship, but I kept working at it. When I was ready to give up on the friendship, something kept pushing me and giving me the desire to keep caring for her. There would be times when we wouldn't talk for awhile and it sucked, but our friendship always came around. Two years ago Chelsey got pregnant out of wed, and God warned me plenty of the situation and prepared me to be able to be a true friend to Chelsey. Because of everything I did for Chelsey during those times, Chelsey realized I was around to stay and that I would never leave her side no matter what she did. It was when she got engaged that she called me and said "will you be my Maid of Honor?" Last October Chelsey drove into town the weekend my Grandma died and one thing I remember was in the car we were driving to lunch and she said something to me about being there for her and the difference I had made in not only her life, but her husbands and her sons. Our friendship hasn't been easy and there are still times that I could give up like when she doesn't return my calls, but I work at it. And our relationship is very rewarding. I love Chelsey so much and although it's been tough, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. So that brings me to Sarah...Sarah and I had something really special last year. We spent everyday together and we were both growing in the Lord together and suddenly that friendship drifted and it was gone pretty quickly. We still talk but it's nothing like before and thats when I see why Satan would crash that relationship because it was so God centered. But it's a relationship that is worth working at. It's hard for us to spend time together now because of busy schedules but this semester we both want to try really hard to set aside time to hang out and do accountability together. Friendships aren't easy I guess, but they are golden and they are worth keeping so work at it.

If you haven't heard from a friend in awhile you should give them a call. I find myself calling those friends when something reminds me of them. One time last year when my friend, Trent was in Utah it had been awhile since I talked to him and I drove through a town called Trent and I called him. Sometimes I feel that God shows use things like that so that we will call that friend or stop and pray for them. I love you all a lot and to those I haven't seen awhile, lets hang out soon. It was good over Christmas break because I got to see a really dear friend of mine, Liz! And I also got to hang out with an old buddy, Dane. I always love being able to see old friends and I had lots of fun with both of them. Before I went home for the break I reunited with my friend, Mandy and it was great. I wish I could remain friends with everyone I've ever been friends with but its hard. Like Sunday I hung out with some good friends of mine and I wish I got to see them more. This summer I got to hang out with Craig a lot, and Sunday getting to hang out with him made me miss this summer. Man oh man, I love my friends...new and old. As I sit here, I am talking to my friend, Ginnie and it reminds me of the days in which we hung out a lot...Mr. Potato Head, playing at the pool, and just having really good talks with her. Those things I miss about her and make me wanna spend time with her again. Man the more I think about it, the more of you I wanna see badly. I get to see Will this week and that makes me happy, I haven't hung out with him in forever but yet I love and cherish the times I get to spend with him now. Okay, I better go or I will bring up 30 more people and I'll never go to bed...I LOVE YOU ALL!

0 comments: