I had interview numbero uno today with Frenship ISD and I definately got the job. Last night I couldn't fall asleep because I had a lot on my mind concerning the next year. Yesterday as I sorted through emails regarding my church endorsement things began to show a really really negative turn. I stayed up thinking about stuff: looked at other seminaries, contimplated the thought of staying a year and getting my teachers certification and lastly doing an intern in Tyler to take a year off of school. So these thought circulate my mind for hours on end, but I finally make myself fall asleep because I have an interview to attend. So I'm at my interview and one of the first questions I'm asked is "What do you plan on doing with your degree?" I respond, "well actually I had planned on attending seminary, but some unfortunate things are going on...blah blah blah, yada yada yada." Well turns out his daughter wanted to do the same thing as me, she graduated from Hardin Simmons with a Masters in Marriage & Family Therapy. She went to find a job and after a year found nothing. Only big churches can afford to have counselors on staff and they choose to seek counselors who are really experience...so his daughter is now living in San Antonio working for the CPS. So I explain to him how I actually came to Tech planning on getting my education degree and of course he encourages it since I am wanting to take on as subbing job. So stay a year get my teaching certification and then work for three years as a teacher then I am certified to be able to be a counselor in the school system. Then just work my way up, and if all else fails...I got that to fall back onto at anytime. So what am I gonna do? Hit my knees and start prayin'! So please please please pray for me and my decision. Thanks!
Friday, January 7, 2005
Posted by Jana at 1:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment