So this morning we went to the Funeral Home to see the body and I thought I would be fine. But then I noticed that she had her 'Relentless' bracelet on. I ordered our entire family those livestrong like bracelets but they are ones for leukemia. So when I saw the bracelet around her wrist I lost it. It's cool because my entire family has them on, I'm glad I bought them. I wish I was older, its amazing what people do for one another concerning death. My family has got so much support from their friends and work crews and its nice. I wish that people my age understood how to be there for someone through death. Really it doesn't take much... I wouldn't mind a "Hang in There" or a "I'm Praying for You" or "I'm sorry about your loss", but I think people get too scared and I frankly think its crap. I have had some very good friends through this though, as if they haven't always been really good friends. Johnny & Mik have checked on me lots which is such a blessing. And my best friend back home Chels has been great too. Then of course Lexy has been great, I stayed with her last night and tonight. And she took off work tomorrow so that she can go to the funeral which means A LOT to me! But outside of those 4 people everyone else just doesn't know how to react. I did get a text message from Nikki which was nice. And I called Shannon to let her know what had happened. And I'm sure I'll get more support from them once I'm back in Denton. But I have several friends in Lubbock that really haven't done much and its kind of hard to take in. I shouldn't care, but I do. Oh well... Anyway, my Grandma has an online memorial. So check it out, http://www.mem.com/display/Biography.asp?id=1083201
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment