My heart is a bit crushed this evening. I found out about the loss of another sweet little baby girl. Two weeks ago, my friend Kristi & her husband, Drew, lost their beautiful little girl. Then tonight I find out that Mandy's niece has also gone home to be with the Lord. Both of these precious little baby girls were only three and a half months old.
It's hard for any of us to understand why the Lord has taken either of them home, but we also can gain some comfort knowing they are resting in the Lord's arms tonight. I can't imagine the pain and heart ache these families are experiencing. I can be somewhat empathetic, but at the same time really have no idea. I can understand a little more with Mandy as I have a niece and know that I would practically die if anything ever happened to her. However, I don't really know what Kristi & Drew are experiencing as I have never had a child of my own. I know that the love of a child is far stronger than the love of a niece which makes me somewhat understand the pain they are experiencing and makes me realize it has to be far more painful than what I would be experiencing. It helps me be empathetic to their situation as I know that numbness overwhelms them.
Pray for my friends as they are experiencing the loss of someone they love dearly. The loss of a child, a niece, and a granddaughter. Definitely someone none of them ever expected to have to witness their death. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?
Pray for Kristi & Drew as they have started adjusting to life with out their daughter and with out the close surrounding of their friends and family as they have started drifting. Pray for them as they prepare to clean out Ryane's room. Pray that they will be comforted by the Lord during the difficult times.
Pray for Mandy & Sam as they truly were in love with their little niece, Lilly. Pray for Lilly's parents, Richard & Jennifer. And pray that their entire family be comforted during this time. Pray for the funeral that will be this Friday at 4pm. Pray for comfort and peace!!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Loss of a Loved One
Posted by Jana at 9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jana! Weird, I just came across your blog via the Cherry's via someone else's. I stumbled upon it like 1 hour ago! Then I get a comment from you. Crazy! Isn't the Lion Around cute? I'm glad I found your blog! It's cool to read about what's going on in your heart.
Yeah, I am not sure what to say about this one. It's tough. It's unfair. It's disheartening. It's especially frightening and sad as a mommy-to-be to think about how this sort of thing happens to ordinary people who probably wouldn't have ever imagined that they would ever suffer such a loss-- These families are in my immediate and constant prayers.
i am glad to see you are blogging...i saw you visited our blog...thanks for the comment!
is it okay to add you to our list?!?!
jennifer
Post a Comment