I have become increasingly passionate about going to Kenya and cannot wait for a time in my life in which I can go and be used. This has been a week that my heart's affection have been stirring up like crazy for Kenya.
I am now teaching an advanced computer class at a middle school and had to come up with a multimedia project. I was messing around with Photo Story as a possible option for my kids and I made a story about Kenya. I am not sure why I did it really, but I just pulled up some photos of Kenya and the people in the city. The story turned out really sweet, but because of my scripture usage I will probably not be using it in my classroom. I do however believe that it could be a pretty sweet missions video. This was the first time this week that God put Kenya on my heart.
And then tonight I was overwhelmed with emotions for Kenya. During worship we sang God of This City written by Bluetree (please read the story behind the song here)
You're the Lord of this nation, You are
You're the light in this darkness, You're the hope to the hopeless
You're the peace to the restless, You are
There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God
Greater things have yet to come
Greater things are still to be done in this city
My heart began to stir deeply for Kenya during this song. I belted the song as Kenya lay heavily on my heart and tears began to drip down my cheeks. What a beautiful picture of God in the city. I began to get excited about the possibility of getting a trip in after graduation if it could possibly work out. I planned on talking to a friend of mine who knows a family moving over there. Then Matt gets up to speak and what's he got to say? That our church will probably be starting missions in Kenya and Tanzania as we have two families heading out. One of those families being the family I was going to call my friend about. Holy crap...are you kidding? We're going to be going to Kenya? I've been wanting to do this for so long and now it's all coming to the surface. As if this wasn't enough to get me all elated...
After church I turn back and see a man sitting alone. I notice his shirt and realize that he is from Africa, but really don't think more of it. I guess God wanted me to talk to him, because I turn around again and his arm is up and he has a bracelet on that reads "KENYA". Immediately I feel God tell me to go speak to him and with out hesitation I jump up. Let's just be honest in saying that this is completely out of my comfort zone. I am the girl who when they say "greet those around you", suddenly I have the urge to use the restroom. I have a brief but good conversation with my new friend, David. We talked a bit and then he told me that he hoped to see me the following week. I most definately look forward to seeing him again next week and getting to know him more. May God richly bless David's life!
I am pumped about what the Lord is doing in my life. I am excited to see my heart for Kenya grow. I am ecstatic about the possibility of going to Kenya with my church. I am especially excited about my new friend, David.
0 comments:
Post a Comment