Monday, January 12, 2009

Trashy TV

Am I the only person that watches Desperate Housewives? If I am then I am truly ashamed of myself, but most definately won't stop watching it. Thanks for the addiction Catherine! Every week I grow frustrated with the wives, but this week I felt more frustrated with them than other weeks. You will probably all think I am out of control by the end of this blog but it got me thinking.

These women treat their husbands like absolute dirt. They all have them "whipped" and they most definately wear the pants in the home. I have grown very frustrated with Gabi, Bre and Lynette this season. I actually used to kind of like Gabi, but not at all any more. The three of them frustrate me to no end. It's actually really hard for me to watch them treat their husbands as if they are just some random man. They show them no love and the men are completely submissive to their wives. Whatever she does goes. Yet these men love these women and continue to stay in these abusive relationships. Is this the way society views women? Are we just women on power trips taking the balls away from our men? Sadly I believe this is the way that society sees women which for me is heart breaking.

Biblically speaking my role as a wife is so polar opposite of that relationship displayed each week. But unfortunately I think that there are probably some Christian women out there that do treat their husbands like dirt and totally control their every move. It just breaks my heart that any woman could treat her husband that way. To be so unappreciative of everything he does for her, to care less about how he feels about a situation and to make decisions regardless of his opinion. Each week I think I go away from the episode a little more agitated but also with more appreciation for what husbands do for their wives and how often it probably goes unnoticed. To my friends with husbands, go love on your husband tonight and tell him how much you appreciate all that he does for you and your family. Who am I kidding? I know you all do that already, but why not go do it again. What a sweet reminder it would be to know how appreciate you are. Go watch an episode and you will truly appreciate your adorable husband.

0 comments: