I warn you all that I am about to enter a serious soap box and realize my opinions may be a little over exaggerated but I'm thoroughly irritated and uber opinionated at this moment in time. I realize that I am not alone in this unemployment boat and while I often feel sorry for myself, I know that God is going to provide for me and I am okay but at the same time I can't help but battle with a great deal of bitter at times.
I have battled with this unemployment thing for some time now. I have been searching for a job since I graduated with my Masters exactly a year ago. I have worked some part-time jobs to survive, but nothing has been truly beneficial as every month I struggle to make ends meet. Its often funny to me when a friend says "I know what you are going through, I had to look for a job for two months." I just want to say "really 2 months, that must have been so awful!" Meanwhile they lived at home and their parents paid their bills or they had enough money in savings to survive off.
I really try not to be bitter about my current job situation and am always happy for others who find a job, get a promotion and so forth. But sometimes I just can't take it any more. If someone came to me and said "dude i just got a promotion!" I'd be elated! Or even if someone said "man i put in 12 hours today and am beat" I'd respond with I'm sorry your job blows. But "I'm sitting on my butt watching movies at work" and my response is must be nice to have a job. And in my mind I am thinking screw you. I don't mean to be bitter but we are in an economic crisis, be glad you have a job.
Yesterday my friend Corrie wrote to me how she felt about the job hunt and I'm sure some can relate...the job hunt makes me want to rip my own organs out and lay them on the floor and then drive over them. agreed?
I promise to write a more positive blog tomorrow or very soon...
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Overwhelmed by Unemployment.
Posted by Jana at 2:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A good soap box moment is always nice. I get some of your frustration, but definitely not all because I lived at home the year I didn't have a full time job. I like to call it my "transitional" year...
Maybe you can get your job back at Refuge House...
Post a Comment