And I am not talking about the Whos' from the Grinch stole Christmas. I am talking about wedding invitations and shower invitations. Who do I invite?
Everyone I have talked to about this says that this is a very difficult process in the wedding planning, but I wanted to see if any of you had any good advice. I started my invite list the day after I got engaged and to this day still add people all the time that I "forgot" about or didn't realize I should invite. Do I invite the people I was once really close with? Former co-workers? Current co-workers? Only those I am closest too? If I invite 5 people from work do I need to invite the other 15? Do I should send a work invitation? If I invite Suzy who is best friend with Lucy then do I invite Lucy even though I don't really talk to Lucy any more? Do I invite Kate because she invited me to her wedding?
What about showers? Do I invite any of my friends to the family and adult showers? Who do I invite to what shower? Do I only invite my good friends to the lingerie shower? Same Suzy vs Lucy story? Ahhh I dunno what to do or who to invite...
Sunday, August 23, 2009
The Who's
Posted by Jana at 11:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Usually weddings are shared with family and friends that the bride and groom are closest too. Showers are when you invite more casual acquaintances. I think most people will understand that weddings are expensive and you'll probably want to stick to a short list of invitees.
First, you need to come up with your ultimate number. The number that you would like to keep it at. Then you start with your family, his family, (this includes your great aunt Lucy that you haven't seen since you were 12, but would be offended if she didn't receive an invite) then bridal party and their spouses, close friends, co-workers (don't feel like you should have to invite everyone from work, just invite those you are close to and that you know will come.) Then the invitations you have left invite those who are your "wild card" people. The ones you would like to come but don't know if they will. Always keep a few invitations on hand just in case you have some last minute people you forgot to invite. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
No, you do not invite Lucy if you don't talk to her and don't have room. At the end of the day, invite those who you feel like you really want there to share in the moment and who you hope you will still be close with in two years, five years, ten years...
I always worry that it is rude to send someone a shower invitation but not a wedding invitation. You know, like you think enough of them for them to get you a present but not to come to the wedding. I don't know! Also, I figure if someone sends me an invitation to something, they would like to get one from me, too. But I don't know much about invitation etiquette!
Post a Comment