Most of you probably already know this, but for those who don't...I started a new job over Spring Break. It was a very sudden change for me, but one I am very grateful to have made. I was nannying for my best friend so that she could go to school but had started looking for a job to replace that in May. I had applied at a number of places and had not so much as heard anything back.
I found a job posted on Craigslist that was for an Administrative position at a place called Christian Life Ministries. I was far more excited about the organization then the position itself. They helped find sponsors for orphans in Uganda and I thought that would be such a neat ministry to work for. I started my first week in the administrative role and at the end of the week the girl working the orphan side of the program quit and I was offered the full-time position.
This week is my first week as a full-time employee in about two years. It has been a change for sure, but a true blessing! I absolutely love my job and knowing that I get to make a difference in the lives of nearly 1,000 orphans! It has been fun brainstorming ways to better serve our orphans, ways to help with fund raising and different ways to find sponsors. I am so blessed to be in this position!!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
New Job
Posted by Jana at 10:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow Jana! Congrats, sounds like a rewarding job :)
That is so great! I am so excited for you and your job sounds perfect for you. I would love to hear more about what you do, you know you can always chat with me about it.
Post a Comment