
This picture is a little random picture of happiness for myself. The lady on the left is my Great Aunt Carol, shes my Grandmas sister. They look a great deal alike. Then the man in the photo is my Great Uncle Paul, he's my Papaw's brother. And they also look a great deal alike. In fact, after my Papaw died I use to have reoccuring dreams that I would run into Paul in the mall and I would call out to him, "PAPAW" and he would look at me and say "I'm not your Papaw. Thats how similar they look. Minus the fact that Paul is a great deal taller than Papaw. I'll try to post a picture of my Grandma & Papaw soon, I just got to locate a good one that isn't too big to scan. So basically this picture was taken because I am a goof and wanted a picture of Aunt Carol and Uncle Paul since they look so much like my own grandparents. Now there is my cousin in the pink sweater and my sister on the outside. You can barely see my sisters belly, but thats my little niece Ellie up in there. My sister is now 34 weeks pregnant, she's small for how far along she is. Cute little mama & baby Ellie! Okay now may I direct your attention to the red bracelet or 'Armstrong' like band around my cousins wrist. This band is for leukemia, I bought them for the family about two weeks ago as Grandmas battle got harder. It was a personal reminder for me to pray for her plus it supports the LLS. Anyway, so I sent my dad to Lubbock with 3...1 for my aunt, 1 for my uncle and 1 for my Grandma. I wanted my Grandma to know I was thinking about her. So this little band is what made me cry the most when I saw my Grandma laying there in the casket. I look at her all dressed up in that purple suit and then I see her wrist there with the band around it. I wear my bracelet still, this is the 3rd loss I have experienced due to leukemia. First my 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Graham, then my Papaw and now my Grandma. I wear my band everyday as a reminder of those three people whom I loved dearly. 
Thursday, December 1, 2005
Posted by Jana at 9:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment