I will be honest to say that I hate nothing more than to be in the presence of many women to hear one of them start talking negatively about her husband. It makes me very sad for that man as from that moment on I know nothing good about his character but only that he is lazy, useless, worthless, or whatever other words they feel like uttering about him.
I think it is one thing to call up a best friend who knows the wonderful character of your husband and tell her he's driving you crazy. Because she knows his real character and also she knows you are just being ridiculous. But it is another thing completely to ruin his name in the presence of many women who know nothing about his character.
Proverbs 31:23 "Her husband is respected at the city gate" is a reminder to me that the words that come from my mouth regarding my man should be positive and uplifting words that will gain him respect at the city gate. How dare I destroy his character and his reputation over something silly and stupid or because I am overreacting! May we each praise our husbands among others that they may not know a negative thing about him (even though we all know that none of them are perfect). If you and I are besties feel free to tell me what's upsetting you about your man and lets figure out what the deal is but don't you dare trash him in a group of women some of which you hardly know.
I think it is one thing to call up a best friend who knows the wonderful character of your husband and tell her he's driving you crazy. Because she knows his real character and also she knows you are just being ridiculous. But it is another thing completely to ruin his name in the presence of many women who know nothing about his character.
Proverbs 31:23 "Her husband is respected at the city gate" is a reminder to me that the words that come from my mouth regarding my man should be positive and uplifting words that will gain him respect at the city gate. How dare I destroy his character and his reputation over something silly and stupid or because I am overreacting! May we each praise our husbands among others that they may not know a negative thing about him (even though we all know that none of them are perfect). If you and I are besties feel free to tell me what's upsetting you about your man and lets figure out what the deal is but don't you dare trash him in a group of women some of which you hardly know.
1 comments:
You make an excellent point. There are VERY few (like, one. maybe two) people to whom I will really rant and rave about my husband. Those women know me, and they know him, and they know only a FRACTION of us together (because only the couple knows what goes on 24/7).
There are things that we can all agree on, especially after you've been together for a long time, but that's usually said with playful eye-rolling and no real malice. Thanks for the reminder about this! :)
Post a Comment