Wednesday, January 12, 2005

So tonight I sit in Sugar Brown's and the loudness of the coffee shop suddenly finds a silence in my mind and I feel a since of peace and quiet among all the craziness of this world. The voices are definately still there and the door keeps making that wonderful ding noise and SB's begins to fill more and more with people. But somehow in the midst of it all I find myself journaling at my table with a light right on my journal and my mind focused right on God. I start praying for my semester as last semester was rather tough on me and I took some shady paths. I pray for accountability in my life and thank God for the little accountability I do have. Then I realize just then that a certain guy that I'm real good friends with is an accountability partner and he doesn't even know it. He's that to me because of the way he lives his life and his passion for God. Seeing him and his zeal for the Lord encourages me and is in a way keeping me accountable in my own walk with God. I have a real hard time being good about spending time with the Lord with out serious accountability and I realized tonight that I don't necessarily have to have "Sue" there to ask me everyday "did you read your bible today?" but to have myself surrounded by Godly people that are always pushing me to go further in my walk with God. So thanks to you Brandon, I have accountability because your passion encourages me. I can't help but think of yet another Godly guy in my life who has also had a great influence in my recent change of heart and my guidance back onto the right path...my dear friend, Johnny. This past semester was a bit rough, but I would always talk to Johnny about things and he was always there to encourage me and to spur me on. It was Johnny who talked to me and made me realized that I had really changed a lot and I needed to get back into the word hard core and just start living my life the way I use to. Since I was too stubborn to listen to God on my own, God was willing to send Johnny into my life to talk to me. I knew what I needed to do, and I could hear God's voice telling me but I was being stupid. So thanks Johnny for helping me out and kind of guiding me back onto the right path. So here's to a fresh start...I wanna start this semester off right, and I really don't wanna fall off track again. So may God be with me through this journey and may I continue to surround myself with other Godly people who will spur me on, and who maybe I in turn can spur on too. I love you all and thanks for being there for me!

P.S. My sister bought me a prayer journal for Christmas and some of you I have already assigned to a day a week that I will be praying for you specifically and the things in your life. So if you want me to be praying for you let me know, I got a monthly calender of events and daily, so you let me know when to pray for what and I'll be sure to pray. And if you do something every week at the same time and you want me to pray for it, let me know about that too. Love you all!

0 comments: