Saturday, January 15, 2005

Genesis 6:5--8 "Now the Lord observed the extent of the people's wickedness, and he saw that all their thoughts were consistently and totally evil. So the Lord was sorry he had ever made them. It broke his heart. And the Lord said, 'I will completely wipe out this human race that I have created. Yes, and I will destroy all the animals and birds, too. I am sorry I ever made them.' But Noah found favor with the Lord." For the longest time after reading these scriptures I thought why in the world hasn't God ended this world again and today I ran across the answer to that. Genesis 8:21 "And the Lord was please with the sacrifice and said to himself, 'I will never again curse the earth, destroying all living things, even though peoples thoughts and actions are bent towards evil from childhood. ' " and Genesis 9:12-13 "And God said, 'I am giving you a sign as evidence of my eternal covenant with you and all living creatures. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is my sign of my permanent promise to you and to all the earth.' " So now everytime I look at the rainbow I will think about God's promise to His people and know that no matter how bad we keep screwing things up he won't destroy the land again. Makes you think doesn't it?

Random Bible Trivia: Who was the first musician in the bible?
Answer: Jubal, he was the first musician, he invented the harp and the flute... Genesis 4:21

0 comments: