Easter in my shoes! So let's just let you know how sad it was for me to have to spend Easter with out my mommy. First and foremost I went to 930 and I kept crying occasionally because I would think about how I was alone at church while most were with their families and I just wanted to be with mine. Then I cried because I wanted "granddads" deviled eggs. On the way home I cried because I was going to be spending Easter lunch by myself on my couch probably watching Mary Poppins. My cousin came home and asked me what I was doing and I told her how I had been crying, and then I pulled the blanket over my head and cried some more as I watch Happy Gilmore to cheer me up. But then after a little persuasion from my cousin I decided to join the other end of her family for lunch. It was kind of awkward at first, ate lunch with all of her cousins none of which I know. It was dead silent through our meal and I said a couple of things to break the ice, they laughed but still no one talked. Finally for dessert the girls opened up a little and we started talking, yay I had broken the ice!!! We talked just a bit then they had to go because they were going to see a movie...so I decided it was time for me to head home too. So that's my Easter. I was hoping it would have been a little better, I wish it would have been spent with Sarah. But Sarah went to Ashley's and I didn't feel like going because I don't know Ashley and I just thought that was awkward. I was also hoping for an Easter egg hunt, but I guess that was a stupid idea because well it didn't happen. I called my mom and talked to her for half an hour, I feel a little better now but not as good as I wish considering it's a holiday.
Memories I miss about Easter:
1. The Easter Basket-filled with exciting gifts and mucho candy!
2. The Family- sititng in the livign room digging through the baskets, then going to church together in our new easter outfits, then eating a yummy meal with my family
3. Being with the mom- I miss sitting with her on the couch and giving her huge hugs in the kitchen, I miss lovin' on my mommy
4. The deviled eggs-my Granddad makes the most incrediable deviled eggs and he colors them according to the holiday, ever since he passed away I have made my mom make them Granddaddy style
Sunday, April 11, 2004
Posted by Jana at 2:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment