Today I was driving to work and I was passing K-mart when I saw what looked to be a petting zoo. I saw two camels and a zebra and I won't lie...I GOT ECSTATIC! I thought to myself man I wish I could go there instead of work, and I immediately wanted to call Sarah who was directly behind me to tell her how excited I was but I realized my cell phone was still laying on my bed. And that's right the petting zoo was still there when I was driving home from work and I wanted to stop so bad, but I didn't want to go alone. Ya, let's go ahead and bring up this fear of being alone issue. I can't seem to get over it and sometimes it is a damper on my social life. So say I know some friends of mine are at Sugar Brown's perhaps, but I have no reason to be going there except to be seeing them then if no one is going with me I won't go. This happens in many situations too. It happens even if I just wanna go somewhere and I know that a crowd might be there, I don't wanna show up alone. I am trying to overcome this fear and so occasionally I force myself to go alone all the while hating every minute of it. So thus far I've done three things to overcome the fear...1) Went to Nate's basketball game. But I stayed on the phone the entire time until Chavon & Joe got there then I sat down with them. And if I didn't go I would have missed out on an oppurtunity to kick it at IHOP with those guys. 2) Went to Kelsey's concert, sat int he back by myself and survived. And if I wouldn't have gone then I would have missed out on an amazing weekend. 3) I went to Kelsey's house for a party. And well I had fun! Obviously it pays off to go these places alone, but for some reason I still fear that entire being alone thing. Needless to say, through all of this I finally figured out my love language which I thought I never would. I was discussing it with Lauren and she was like "all those are yours", but I think that my biggest one is quality time while all the rest sure do come in rather close behind. Yep, thats its for today's random post.
Monday, April 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment